America's Leaders of Change are current public service leaders chosen from the National Urban Fellows alumni and mentor networks. Leaders of Change are also community leaders from throughout the nation.
Cohorts represent high potential leaders of color and women in public service. All participants meet or exceed the following criteria:
- Currently holds a leadership position
- Aspirations for a position of higher leadership authority in three to five years
- Possesses a track record of leadership performance and impact
- Demonstrates civic leadership and a commitment to social justice
- Provides assurance to fully participate in all program activities
- attendance at forums and monthly webinars
- allocate time for participation in peer and executive coaching sessions
- other preparation time that may be required
- Willingness to co-invest by paying for or allocating resources to cover the cost of travel expenses to and from forums.
The America’s Leaders of Change program consists of the following program elements. Combined with supporting activities and assignments, the following curriculum allows participants to build a conscious leadership practice that is effective and powerful; supporting National Urban Fellows as a catalyst for excellence and diversity in public service leadership in America.
- 360˚ Assessment
- Live Forums
- Monthly Webinars
- Peer Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Individual Leadership Development Plan (ILDP)
- Homework and Reading Assignments
Continuing Support and Network
National Urban Fellows and program partners are committed to the ongoing support of the leaders of change who complete the Program. An Alumni Leadership Network has been established to offer continuing leadership development, celebrate accomplishments, and offer collective support to leaders as they face challenges and explore opportunities.