About our Academic & Leadership Fellowship
Who we are
National Urban Fellows offers the premier leadership accelerator and talent pipeline for diverse professionals committed to racial equity, public service, and social impact.
What we offer
- FULLY FUNDED graduate education leading to the Master of Policy Management degree at GU’s McCourt School of Public Policy
- Meaningful professional experience at a premier public agency, nonprofit, foundation, or corporate social impact organization
- Mentoring by a senior leader
- Leadership development programming centering racial equity
- Community of Fellows to share this experience and an Alumni community of almost 2,000 leaders around the country
- Financial Support to defray living expenses, includes a $25K stipend, health insurance coverage, and other program-related expenses
Who we are looking for
Professionals from underrepresented, marginalized, or excluded demographic groups who are:
- Self-aware and committed to personal growth
- Passionate about advancing equity and social impact
- Committed to excellence, integrity, and ethical decision-making
- Adaptive and resilient
What is required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- U.S. Citizenship/Lawful Permanent Resident/DACA Recipient
- Demonstrated leadership experience and desire to strengthen it
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice
- Interest in advancing public policy and social impact
- Ability to relocate for 9 months as required by the program
- At least 5 years of professional work experience
Ready for a transformational experience?
Let us get you started NOW!
Step 1: Complete the INTEREST FORM to start your application
Step 2: Connect with a National Urban Fellows representative. Join us virtually or in person at one of the several options listed below.